Tutor: Dominic Martin
2 hour class taught in one session.
The course requires no prior knowledge of music software. It would be beneficial if the pupil had access to a computer that had Logic installed on it and was also computer literate.
Students will hopefully learn:
– The Production Process: the skills required to produce from initial idea to final master
– Comprehensive overview of Logic Pro
– Working with projects in Logic Pro
– The interface: navigation, library and controls
– Library, file and preset management
– Working with audio and MIDI files
– MIDI Editing
– Recording and editing Audio
– Introduction to Drum programming
– Sequencing techniques
– How to use Logic EQ and Mixer
– Introduction to FX; Send & return FX
– Basic Arrangement techniques
Pupils can take the Logic Masterclass after this introductory course.